Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you really should read this before contacting me. I do all this music stuff without a major record label helping me. This means my email time’s very limited, so please help me stay sane and see if you can find an answer to your question here!
- Do you play weddings, private parties, bar mitzvahs, etc.?
- I most certainly do. Aside from my original music, I can play a few hours’ worth of cover tunes with just a guitar and a mic. If you’d like to book me for a private event, you’ll need to contact my booking agent, Taylor Scott.
- But I’m a friend or family member, do I really need to go through your agent?
- YES. If you want me to be able to write songs and record music, then I need to let Taylor handle the logistical stuff and just tell me where and when to show up. She’s not a shark, she’s a real nice gal. Drop her a line!
- Do you have any live shows recorded?
- Yes. You can watch/embed my UStream shows on your profile. If you’d like to arrange for a video concert that’s not part of my regular schedule, go ahead and email me directly.
- Can I interview you for my show/magazine?
- Absolutely! I love talking with people about pretty much anything. If you’re interested in what I have to say, just get in touch with me. I don’t, however, do email interviews. They suck, seriously- interviews always turn out better with a little spontaneity. Talk to me in person via phone, Skype, or GoogleTalk, and I’ll be happy to send you a recording so you can transcribe if necessary.Important: don’t contact me unless you’ve already got an interview date/time in mind. If it doesn’t work for me, I’ll hit you with an alternative and we can figure it out. When you’ve got a time figured out, email me.
- Can I play one of your songs on my podcast/radio show?
- If you’re looking for podcast music- even if you want to use one of my songs as the intro to your show -you can find all of my podsafe tunes at nickdaugherty.com/podsafe. The licensing terms of that site are straightforward, and it doesn’t cost a cent. If you’re a radio station or other entity paying your ASCAP fees, you can play any of my album tunes that you want, just make sure you include it on your ASCAP report. Yes, this helps me pay my grocery bill!
- Will you write a theme song for my show/project?
- I love working with people to make custom music. Most people don’t realize just how much time is involved in a project like that, though, so when I quote them a price they’re a little surprised. A good theme song can take anywhere from a week to a month to produce depending on complexity, and even when I was a coffee barista making $10 an hour, that kind of time added up. I don’t have a “rate sheet”, but I rarely take this kind of work for less than $500.
- I signed up for your mailing list and didn’t get my 3 free songs.
- Yes you did, check your spam box. If the password isn’t in there, then you either entered the wrong email address or never confirmed your email address. Try signing up again. Thousands of fans have done this so far, so you’re in good company. Here’s the direct link to get them.
- My question doesn’t seem to have been asked that frequently.
- Well, the FAQ’s kind of new, so it may just be that I haven’t added it yet. Go ahead and email me and ask away, just bear in mind that I only check email about once a day, if that. Thanks!
Nick In Social Media
Send An Email
If you want to email me, please use this contact form.
All booking requests need to be handled by my agent Taylor Scott.